SSL - Delays Authorizing Certificate

Don’t forget to mention how long it’s been stuck, and how long ago you opened the support ticket. Support should respond within 24 hours or so, so give them a chance before asking the Mods to step in.

Hello, i build my website using WordPress and I have a domain and hosting plan from Hostgator. My site is active on Cloudflare almost 1 days now but status is Status Authorizing Certificate. I get this2 errors NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID and
err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch when I visit the site.I don’t have access to my site for finishing the building the site on WordPress
can somebody help me to use the SSL certificate to secure my site please
thanks in advance

Request #1520566

OK, thank you Ryan and my apologies. Support resolved my issue this morning. Thanks again!


It’s been 24+ hours since and SSL status is still “Authorizing Certificate”.
Whenever I access my site, browser will output this error: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

My ticket: Request #1521660
Thank you for your help.

Hey @ryan! Sorry for bothering you again but I’m having the same problem that I had before with a different domain this time (… Long time ago I added a the domain to my Cloudflare account and the SSL certificate hasn’t been issued yet (Authorizing Certificate). Thank you in advance for your help!

Looks like support got back to you this morning and are re-ordering. Hopefully resolved soon (if not already).

1 Like

I don’t see a support ticket for this one. Can you file one with details and I can take a look?

Ryan, good afternoon, I see that you are helping several clients, I have been certified stopped for 1 day in my client’s account, and he is charging me, I opened a support ticket for SSL request more so far I did not get answers , the site is and the ticket is: Request # 1523130, if you can give a help to release this I will be very grateful, thank you very much!

More than 24 hours,
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long ? is that usual with Cloudflare ? I’m hosting +20 websites for clients and was thinking about migrating them to Cloudflare but now that’s not a positive first experience…

my ticket is : 1522791

thanks :wink:

Your :cert: has been cancelled and re-ordered. Hopefully that does the trick.

1 Like

Ok thanks Ryan , :crossed_fingers:

Hello RYAN, the steps you took to issue the certificate at http: // qualityti .com where I requested service by Request # 1523130 was not released and we are already on the second day, I could do something else to release for me until tomorrow, doing a great favor? Thank you very much for the answer and the previous answer, I’m waiting, if you can help me !.

Hi guys. i am experience early signs of your delay.
still authorising after 48 hours and no response from support after 24 hours.
shall i simply wait longer as i feel if i do i will be in everyone elses situation

Don’t forget to post your Support Ticket #.

Thanks man. support no. 1523380

Support Ticket #1523380

i have an ssl certificate still authorising over 3 days, no response from support. ticket number 1523380.
Could someone help me please

Thank you Cloudflare support for your solution.


If your SSL Certificate is stuck at Authorizing, please check out this article: