SSL Cloudflare Question

Hello, my name is edwin, I installed SSL from Cloudflare on my website https://teknotimes.id/ , but the hosting I use also provides SSL service, what should I do? do I still use the SSL service from Cloudflare or can I also use the SSL service from my hosting? thank you.

You did not install SSL, you added your domain to Cloudflare and Cloudflare provisioned a certificate for your domain on their proxies. You still need a certificate on your server as well. As you already have a certificate, there’s not much you need to do right now, except for renewing that certificate whenever it expires. You definitely should not remove the certificate from your server.

Should your server certificate be paid for any reason, then you could switch to one of the free ones. E.g. Let’s Encrypt.

Also make sure your encryption mode on Cloudflare is “Full Strict”, otherwise your configuration would be still insecure.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.