SSL changes to Flexible, and I have to change it back to Full

When I add a new site, I see that SSL/TLS is automatically set to “Full”. But then when I make it live the site has errors (too many redirects). I go back to the SSL/TLS page, and it’s changed to “Flexible”! I change it back to “Full”, and the error goes away.

Why is it changing?

Is there a way that I can set it to “Full” on the account level for all sites, so that I don’t have to remember to change it each time?

Check your audit log to see why the rule is changing back.

Unfortunately there is not.

1 Like

I made a site live at 12:33am (it’s 12:54am now) and watched the log for when it changed. I see the change, but there’s no explanation of why; just that it did.

Date:
2023-11-23T00:33:40-05:00

Resource:
zone SSL

New Value:
flexible

Audit Record:
dd4f376e-fc33-5597-9f87-d15074e8a566

Metadata:
{ "name": "SSL", "type": "crypto", "value": "flexible", "zone_name": "example.com" }

Is your site hooked up to any third party tools? Stuff like wordpress plugins?

No, it’s all hand rolled on a dedicated server. The server is CentOS 7.9, using WHM/cPanel.

It’s not a huge problem, I just have 100 of these to go through and I have to remember to change this manually about 15 minutes after I update the nameservers. But since the site is down until I make that change, it means that I can’t do anything until after midnight (when site traffic is minimal).

You might want to look at something like Terraform to help automate your sites and keep them the same.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.