SSL Certificate Update Not Working

I received notification from Cloudflare that I needed to add a CNAME record to my DNS provider to renew the SSL certificate. I did that, but when I click on the provided link to complete the certificate approval, I always get an error message. It states:

An error occurred while attempting to validate your domain. Please try again or contact support for assistance.

I contacted support, but they referred me to the Cloudflare Community.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

If you go to Edge Certificates, for Universal SSL certificate, do you still see managed and an expiration date in the future?

I don’t see expiration dates on either domain. They both say “Active” with a green checkmark beside them.

I don’t see expiration dates on either domain. They both say “Active” with a green check mark beside them.

As long as you see something like this, you are set. Emails like that have been sent before and have no real effect.

This what it’s showing:

You need to click the domain you want to check.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Sorry about that. I clicked on each domain and they both look like the example you showed. They are both showing as active with an expiration date in July 2023.

Sweet. Then you can ignore the email.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help! I really do appreciate it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.