SSL certificate expired one second -before- issued

Today i had an issue with a sub.sub.domain.tld certificate. I saw the website showed to be issued to *.sub.domain.com and was expired. I needed to remove the wildcard certificate and create a sub.sub.domain.tld certificate, now seems working for most clients… But how can it be i have a certificate from cloudflare which is expired and invalid? So one second before it was issued (today) it was set to expire…

Did you use “” to purchase a certificate? Or Are you on a BUSINESS or ENTERPRISE PLAN and uploaded your own certificate?

I’m asking because Cloudflare’s free Universal SSL certificates only support SSL for the root or first-level subdomains such as example.com and www.example.com.

Third-level subdomains are not supported at all… unless you’re using the options I mentioned earlier.

Yes i have the right plan and i see the certificate is also active. The one i see has been issued by
Certum Domain Validation CA SHA2
Issued on: Sonntag. 25. September 2022 um 07:47:03
expired: Montag, 25. September 2023 um 07:47:02

very strange timeframe for a wildcard certificate i even dont see in my list on cloudflare.

The certificate was issued in 2022 and expired in 2023.

Don’t believe that is a CA Cloudflare uses. Are you sure the record is proxied? Perhaps the client is using cached DNS or an internal resolver.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.