SSL Certificate Delays - What should I do?

education

split this topic #176

A post was split to a new topic: SSL error cipher mismatch or cert delay -> timing, fixed now

• How long has it been “authorizing” for? - Over 2 days
  • Have you contacted Cloudflare support? Yes
  • If you have, how long ago and what is the ticket number? About one hour ago - 10:42 UTC 31st of Jan - 1633922
  • What is the plan level for the domain in question? Free
  • What error, if any, is displaying on your site at the moment? None, can’t change name servers until the cert is active on Cloudflare.
  • Are you signed up directly through Cloudflare or through a hosting provider/partner? Domain is registered on AWS

Thank you.

Sorry I missed that. Added how long ago. I should probably give support a few days before poking this thread, I’m just very excited to get this to work :slight_smile:

You should, and posting your domain wouldnt be a bad idea either :wink:

Hi @JonArason, I see this is confirmed and in place, just a timing issue.

• How long has it been “authorizing” for? 3 days
  • Have you contacted Cloudflare support? Yes
  • If you have, how long ago and what is the ticket number? 1635136. Support replied to me but does not seem to understand the issue and is asking me to set the nameservers. But if I set the nameservers, then I’ll get an error since the certificate is not yet issued.
  • What is the plan level for the domain in question? Free
  • What error, if any, is displaying on your site at the moment? There was ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH error, but I have since reverted the nameserver back to my original until the certificate gets issued.
  • Are you signed up directly through Cloudflare or through a hosting provider/partner? I have my own

Hey @ichabunni I had the exact same issue the other day.

What I needed to do was to pause the site and then change the name servers to the Cloudflare ones. That way Cloudflare will only work as a DNS server and use the certificates from the origin. Your certificates should get active within a few minutes or hours after you’ve done this. It took about few hours for me.

To pause the site click on the Overview tab, and at the bottom right on the overview page click on ‘Pause Cloudflare on site’. OR you can change all the DNS records to be DNS only (it will display the gray icon, not the orange one). Someone from support preferred changing the DNS records instead of pausing the site.

Hope this helps.

it works! Thank you!

split this topic #186

2 posts were split to a new topic: How change name servers for this

split this topic #187

A post was split to a new topic: Paused now what

split this topic #188

A post was split to a new topic: Mismatch issue

closed #189