SSL Certificate Delays - What should I do?

education

Hi @cjvoce, that certificate is issued & active.

@jayprajapati2158, I show the certificate as active and can load the site with https. Under the crypto tab, change Always use HTTPS to on and you should be good to go. (Note that using Google Chrome developer tools console view, I do see some errors on the site that are not related to ssl.) Please post back and let us know if it works for you.

A post was split to a new topic: Site Not Secure

3 posts were split to a new topic: Adding New Website

i am facing the same issue

• 4 days
  • not yet
  • n/a
  • free
  • error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure:SSL error at server handshake:state 25:Application response 500 handshakefailed
  • direct

more information : SSL - Authorizing Certificate

i have now opened a support ticket #1560942

Hi,

I introduced SSL on one of my sites just fine.

But with another site I did eaxctly the same but it disappeared.

I waited about 60 hours now but still it is not showing.

What would cause this and - What do I do?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Peter

Hi,

• How long has it been “authorizing” for?
    Over a day

• Have you contacted Cloudflare support?

• Yes
  • If you have, how long ago and what is the ticket number?
    *** Today, #1565963**

• What is the plan level for the domain in question?

• Free
  • What error, if any, is displaying on your site at the moment?
    *** This site can’t provide a secure connection**
    beatsofhealth.com uses an unsupported protocol.
    ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

• Are you signed up directly through Cloudflare or through a hosting provider/partner?

• Directly through Cloudflare

My CloudFlare’s SSL Certificate is showing as expired:
net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Subject: sni204969.cloudflaressl.com
Issuer: COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2
Expires on: Aug 21, 2018
Current date: Aug 22, 2018

The dashboard currently says “Universal SSL Status - Authorizing Certificate” . It’s been that way all morning.

I thought that CloudFlare’s SSL’s were supposed to auto renew?

I have contacted CloudFlare and have a ticket open #1566039

I am on the Free plan and am signed up directly through CloudFlare.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Ryan,

I was hoping you would be able to assist us with our SSL certificate. We have an active certificate. We are currently going through a revamp of of our site. No DNS, or domain restructuring has happened, just a simple theme change, content update. We had paused our certificate 4 days ago to do some testing on the site but had switched it back on that day. It’s been approximately 4 days since switching back and turning our SSL back on but our security padlock doesnt seem to show up on the browser. It tries then switches to the “!” icon on the address bar. Do you know what could be preventing the SSL from being used /activated throughout our site? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I am facing ssl error when i try to visit my website with IPv6. I am using http://www.ipv6proxy.net to open my website with IPv6. But its showing error given below:
error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Can you please let me know what it mean and how to solve this issue. Its very urgent to fix this issue.

Thanks

Hi Ryan,
I am as well having this issue.

1. It has been in this status for 4 days.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes, support ticket number is 1570705. 1 hour ago.
  4. Free
  5. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
  6. Directly

Thank you!

I am as well having this issue.

1. It has been in this status for 1 days.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes, support ticket number is 1570847. 1 hour ago.
  4. Free
  5. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
  6. Directly

Thank you!

Looks like Support confirmed the certificate is in place.

Hi @dsemenovsky, support has indicated the certificate is in place.

Hi Ryan,

I’m new here, so apologies if I am doing things incorrectly.
My certificate is still stuck in “authorizing”, and has been for over 24 hours.

• How long has it been “authorizing” for? - over 24 hours

• Have you contacted Cloudflare support?This is my first attempt to contact Cloudflare support (not sure if this is the right place to do so)

• If you have, how long ago and what is the ticket number?

• What is the plan level for the domain in question? - FREE

• What error, if any, is displaying on your site at the moment? - I don’t have an error now, but don’t have a padlock on the site; when i activated it under “crypto” from DNS only to DNS and HTTP Proxy, the website returned the error SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP, so I changed it back to DNS only

• Are you signed up directly through Cloudflare or through a hosting provider/partner?
    [/quote] – signed up directly through Cloudflare

Thanks very much

DE

Hi @debenstein, the Community is cloudflare user to cloudflare user, to reach support, login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support. If you want to share the site url here, the community may be able to offer some insight. If not, I’d reach out to support to get in their queue, I did a quick look using our ssl test tool, https://www.cloudflare.com/lp/ssl-test/?utm_medium=website&utm_source=blog&utm_campaign=chrome68 and it’s showing an issue.

Hi @ryan,

You responded to me earlier on Twitter, and I see that you’re pretty good on here. Here’s my info:

• Been Authorizing for over 36 hours
• Yes, I contacted support, but no communication from them
• 14 hours ago, I got ticket number #1577404
• Free plan
• ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
• Signed up directly through Cloudflare

Thank you

cc: @cloonan

Hi, my websites are having trouble to authorize the SSL certificate. It’s around a week now. The website in concern is - http://citadakonditoreja.lv/

I have opened a ticket two days ago but no reply yet. Ticket ID #1577112. Can anyone help on this please?