SSL provisioning can sometimes run into unexpected issues/delays. If you aren’t sure how long it should take, or what you can do to fix it, read on!
How long should it take for the certificate to be issued?
Your can often be issued in 10-15 minutes, but if you are using our FREE SSL feature it can sometimes take up to 24 hours. Please do not post here about delays until it has been “authorizing” for more than a day.
How do I get help?
If you have waited 24 hours, and there has been no change, you may want to post about your issue and/or contact support. If you are posting here, please include the following information:
- How long has it been “authorizing” for?
- Have you contacted Cloudflare support?
- If you have, how long ago and what is the ticket number?
- What is the plan level for the domain in question?
- What error, if any, is displaying on your site at the moment?
- Are you signed up directly through Cloudflare or through a hosting provider/partner?
Please note that this IS NOT a way to get around the support line. If you come here right after filing a ticket, or if you simply post a ticket number asking for “HELP”, staff will not be able to assist. But if you provide information about your situation there are many other community members who can offer suggestions.