Ssl cert ( Edge Certificates : initializing )

Hello,

i get ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH on website

When i Pause cloudflare everything seems to work and i can visit my websites

Disable Universal SSL (Already tryed enabling and disabling with varius other settings mixed, but nothing)
Minimum TLS Version 1.0 (Default)

The Edge Certificates is on Initializing status for all this time. I’ve even tryed to remove this project from cloudflare, changed the nameservers and then retryed to move it again.
In the forum i found many suggestions and fixes, still nothing worked for me

May I suggest looking at the below article due to this issue:

May I ask have you had an SSL certificate already installed at your host/origin server and was your Website working over HTTPS before moving to Cloudflare?

Furthermore, may I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain? (Flexible, Full, Full Strict ...)

Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:

If any other issues appear, follow the needed steps for troubleshooting from article below:

In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare CA Origin Certificate:

Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings:

Otherwise, if you are trying to access some sub-domain like www.sub.yourdomain.com, in this case, below article could help:

1. May I ask have you had an SSL certificate already installed at your host/origin server and was your Website working over HTTPS before moving to Cloudflare?

1.yes

1. may I ask what SSL option have you got selected under [the SSL/TLS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain?

2.Full

my problem is (( ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH on website ))

on youtube some guy said thats i need to wait for cloudflare universal cert to be issued.

is this correct?

Have you recently changed your domain nameservers to Cloudflare?
Furthermore, may I ask what is your domain name so I could also check from my end, if any differences? Thanks in advance!

my domin name is

tbvni.ir

and yes i changed my name server 18 hours ago

Just to take a note here, usually it could take up to 24hours due to the regular DNS propagation process.

Works fine from my end so far, but, I see this is either currently using a :grey: (DNS-only) or Paused Cloudflare for this site option, am I right?

How about clearing your Web browser cache? Have you tried that too?
Have you tried using some other Web browser, or a private window, or different device connected to some other network (like cellular / Edge / LTE, mobile data)? - even you stated different countries/browsers, etc.

I could also see HTTP headers like:

x-litespeed-cache: hit
cf-edge-cache: cache,platform=wordpress

Cache at the origin (Litespeed) + APO for WordPress, right?

cloudflare is pused for my website right now and soon as i enable it i will get the error above
yes i have cleared my cache and disabled my caching plugin

yes i have tried all of the common browsers that normal people use with diffrent types of network

1 Like

i think right now the best way to fix it is just wait couple more hours

am i right?

it didint work after 24 hours still no active edge certificate for my domine

now just like i read in many articles i disabeld and re enabled edge certificate to fix it but the status turned from initializing into deleted

what should i do?

should i change my name servers to original? or is there a way to fix it

here is the picture its been like this for more then 6 hours after i disabeld and re enabled universal edge certificate at the bottom of the page

As you already mentioned the steps of enabling and disabling Edge SSL, I am not sure, but could this somehow be related to this topic below?:

Kindly, may I ask you to write a ticket and contact Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue?

You can post your ticket number here therafter.

its still hasnt fixed someone please tell me how to fix it?

As @fritexvz already pointed out you currently have a security issue.

the answer above is irrelevant to my problem
i am asking that why cloudflare does not generate edge certificate for me ?

it seems no one knows :pensive::pensive::pensive::cry::sob::sob:

It is quite related. You are obviously concerned about security, so you should fix your security settings.

1 Like

sorry if i upseted you
its true that it’s a security problem but more specifically i’m asking why cloudflare does not generate edge certificate for me ?

please see the pic i uploaded : it says status : deleted

how to fix that?:sob::sob:

@tebvahiani May I ask have you already done this?:

1 Like