SRV DNS Not Working

When I setup a SRV for “fac.limecloud.network” it does not work. When I try joining my minecraft server with ‘fac.limecloud.network’ it says ‘Unknown Host’. I’ve done everything correct, I even based my configuation of the DNS from another domain I had that worked for minecraft.

Well, the record itself is in place.

nslookup -type=srv _minecraft._tcp.fac.limecloud.network sam.ns.cloudflare.com
Server:  sam.ns.cloudflare.com
Address:  108.162.193.141

_minecraft._tcp.fac.limecloud.network   SRV service location:
          priority       = 0
          weight         = 0
          port           = 25562
          svr hostname   = limecloud.network
limecloud.network       internet address = 91.195.240.94

It also resolves to the correct IP address, however nothing is running there on that port.

sitemeer.com/#tcp://limecloud.network:25562

So, which port should I use? I took the port from my IPv4 and port.

The port where your service is running on. But I am afraid that’s a question for a Minecraft forum, not here.

As far as Cloudflare is concerned, the record is in place and will work once your service is running.

So, would you know if this is the issue? I have 2 ports and ips. One primary and one secondary, should I try the secondary port for port forwarding? Because I use that port for nuVotifier too.

Again, the record is in place, so from a Cloudflare point of view, everything is working.

Your service is not running, but again, that’s a question for a Minecraft forum as that is not Cloudflare related.

Alright, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.