Squarespace to Cloudflare DNS - not working

I’m trying to connect a subdomain of a third party domain, which we are now managing through Cloudflare, to a subdomain. In theory it should be very simple, but for some reason Squarespace doesn’t see some of the required records I add to Cloudflare, but it does see some others.

P.S. The exclamation mark next to www.blackbook says: “This hostname is not covered by a certificate” on hover.

Any suggestions?

Meaning to say: SSL won’t be covered by CF rather squarespace. You’ll have to unproxy the record. set to :grey: DNS only instead of :orange:

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply, i did that, but now the website appears without a valid security certificate. Also CF now says: This record exposes the IP address used in the CNAME record on (Domain). Enable the proxy status to protect your origin server.

Is this a safe option?

Amiran

I assume this is the one: https://www.blackbook.com/ Its already on SSL. I do not see that error.

You may :orange: proxy it. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to keep it :grey: DNS only ignoring that warning.

Its not this website, blackbook is a subdomain for my project.

[quote=“neiljay, post:4, topic:454298”]
You may :orange: proxy it. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to keep it :grey: DNS only ignoring that warning.
[/quote] When I proxy it doesnt work at all. So im only left with that option…

What’s the domain you’re trying to configure?

Hi Neil,

As an update, the problem I had after implementing your solution was that SSL seemed to be not covering the subdomain. But that issue has now gone away, think it must have been a cache issue. So I am going to close this case.

Thank you for your help.

Amiran

1 Like