Sqaurespace SSL cert issue

Hi!

We have successfully got our domain www.onanotherplane.com pointed to our Squarespace site through Cloudflare www.onanotherplane.com - however the SSL cert is not working/activating.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
Tim

Hm, the website loads fine at my end at least for now - as I am not sure which SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain (Flexible, Full, Full Strict)?

Thanks for the reply.

The SSL setting in Cloudflare is currently set to Flexible - see screenshot.

For us, the site loads fine, but definitely insecure connection - see screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 10.38.54

May I suggest looking into below article for more information why this option is not recommended:

Kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings at Cloudflare:

Maybe there is no HTTP to HTTPS redirection, meaning site works on both HTTP and HTTPS?
This whould be really nice to have it on a secured connection.

Due to SSL, kindly here is a proper way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:

In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare CA Origin Certificate:

Thanks for all the help!

It is all sorted now and working as expected!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.