SPF Tags issue flagged by CRM Company

Hi all, my knowledge of this area is very limited so I hope you can help. We recently changed to Cloudflare on the recommendation of our website developer (Company A) as there are a number of redirects to our domain name. Shortly after, our Email Marketeers (Company B) asked that I add a new SPF record to include their ‘details’ (for lack of a better term) and ensure our email marketing would reach the max audience possible. I did this and they assured me it has worked from their perspective.

Two weeks on however and now people in our sales team are having issues sending mails from our CRM system (Company C). Mails aren’t reaching customers. Company C has been in touch now to ask me to add another IP address to an SPF Record. So I copied and pasted the existing value into a new SPF Record, changed the IP address for the one Company C has given me and added that (in conjunction to the original).

My question is, will this work? 18 hours on and it hasn’t yet. Companies A, B and C aren’t accepting responsibility for this and tell me their knowledge doesn’t extend much further than mine! I can add screenshots if that will help resolve this? TIA

Ok, so I am looking at the SPF tag given to me by the email marketing company. This is it:
v=spf1 +a +mx ip4:89.101.183.242 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:icm-software.co.uk ~all

This includes outlook and the company icm-software. I suppose my question now is how to include our CRM company. All they have given me is this: 91.103.188.228 and nothing else. What to I do with these digits? Is it as simple as adding a new SPF record like this: v=spf1 +a +mx ip4:91.103.188.228 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:icm-software.co.uk ~all

Appreciate any help on this, thank you

As SPF isn’t a Cloudflare issue, give StackOverflow a look. Or Google it. I use Dmarcian to help clean up my records:
https://dmarcian.com/spf-survey/

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I don’t really have the knowledge required for StackOverflow I think. But thanks to your reply, I have done some more reading. I believe now that I need to create the correct TXT value. I have copied and pasted the existing value, but replaced the IP address with the new one I need emails to send from along with updating the value from ip4 to ip5.

I hope this will resolve by the time I come back to the office on Monday.

1 Like