SPF recprds

I’ve just pointed my DNS Servers on Godaddy to Cloudflare. I have a SPF record on Godaddy so my question is do I need to have a SPF record on Cloudflare and delete the one on Godaddy or will the one already in Godaddy work ok now that my DNS servers are pointing to Cloudflare?

Any help would be much appreciated.

You’ll need that SPF record at Cloudflare as well. Once you point your domain to Cloudflare, your DNS records at GoDaddy are ignored. That’s why your DNS records here need to be a perfect match to all the DNS records at GoDaddy.

1 Like

Thanks but I’ve just been told the opposite that my SPF record should be where the domain is hosted?

You need the DNS records where DNS is hosted as they are the authority for DNS queries.

1 Like

If you want to make sure your SPF record is working try this:
https://dnschecker.org/#TXT/example.com

But change the example.com to your own domain name. You can even make a small change to that SPF record at Cloudflare and then see those results change within five minutes. (then undo that small change)

Thank you, that confirms what I have been told from another source.

1 Like

Thank you for that and just checked it and it all seems to be working well. I appreciate your help on this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.