SPF records: A null DNS lookup was found for include

hi!

i am using mxtoolbox to fix my spf, dkim and dmarc DNS records and it shows my SPF has “A null DNS lookup was found for include”.

Can you advise how to fix this?

v=spf1 ip4:192.241.131.89/16 ip6:2604:a880:400:d0::1df6:4001/48 include:servers.mail.net include:_spf.google.com ~all

servers.mail.net does not appear to be a valid DNS record. So you can remove include:servers.mail.net or confirm the correct value with your mail provider.

Hi. Thanks for responding.

Yes, i’ve been searching since I posted this questions and removed these from the SPF records.
Thank you for again.

Do you have any advise what to add to the SPF record if I am using Microsoft outlook desktop client with google workspace (not office 365)?

This one allows A LOT of IP addresses from “Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)”, “Softsys Hosting USA, Inc.”, “Etheric Networks, Inc.”, “Berkadia Commercial Mortgage LLC”, … and several other organisations to send email on behalf of your domain.

This one allows most likely all DigitalOcean droplets in a single datacenter to send email on behalf of your domain.

The email client itself doesn’t matter.

If you’re using a paid Google Workspace, and that alone is the only way you’re sending messages, change your SPF to:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com -all

WOW. Thank you for this detailed response. My website is on digital ocean. I only use google workspace to send emails. This has been really helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.