SPF record not updating

Hi,

I’m having some issues with my SPF DNS record not being updated. When checking with MXToolbox the record isn’t changed whatsoever. The record has been updated yesterday.

My domainname is data3.be. The new SPF record should be:
“v=spf1 a mx ip4:185.220.172.4 ip4:94.110.66.30 ip6:2a06:2ec0:1:e:0:0:0:125 include:filter-out.zxcs.nl include:zoho.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all”

While it’s still being reported as:
“v=spf1 include:spf.mailjet.com a mx ip4:94.110.66.30 a:srv1-ams3.data3.be a:srv1-data3-ams3.data3.be a:mail.data3.be include:zoho.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:servers.mcsv.net ~all”

Did you edit the existing TXT record to represent this new expected value?

Yes ofcourse.

The “Name” should be @, or the the domain name (@ is shorthand for your domain).

EDIT: corrected * so it’s @. Not wildcard.

1 Like

Oh no! I only now realised I had two TXT records, one named spf… i’ve deleted the wrongly named one and updated the correct one. I’m an idiot.

Not hardly… the syntax was correct and everything. Can’t tell you how many times I have spent hours debugging something only for someone to point over my shoulder and say something like you spelled Cloudflare wrong :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.