SPF record incorrect

Hi

I am trying to add an SPF record in the DNS to avoid my emails going to the junk.
I get an error message every time I try to enter the details, not sure what I am doing wrong
See screenshot for details.

Thank you

For starters, the record should be a TXT record, not an SPF one (yeah, it’s not logical).

As for the content, you appear to have copied too much as it says TXT/SFP / Target ..... That should only start with v=spf. I’d suggest you paste the whole string into a text editor, make sure it is just one single line without line breaks, and the copy-paste it back into the content field.

On an unrelated note, assuming your server IP address ends in 47 you’d have a broken certificate on your server and an insecure encryption mode on Cloudflare. You’ll want to fix both as well.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I will try again.

How can I fix the encryption? sorry I am not a technical person at all

Thanks for your help

You need to talk to your host and they need to make sure your server is properly configured to serve your site on HTTPS. It might be best to pause Cloudflare until that is done as you’ll other always just get the proxy certificate.

What you can do is change your encryption mode to “Full strict” (that’s the only secure one) but right now you’ll get a 526 error because of the broken certificate on your server.

Thank you very much Sandro, I’ll get in touch with my provider.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.