SPF record full. How do I use a subdomain to allow email access for a Vendor?

I am lost here. Never had to deal with DKIM, DMARC, or SPF records; however, our SPF record is full and I have a vendor who’s emails aren’t making it to our mailboxes. I believe adding them to our spf record would fix the issue. Talk to me like a baby here. What do i need to do?

Authentication-Results: spf=pass (sender IP is 13.111.207.78) smtp.mailfrom=bounce.relay.corestream.com; mcneese.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;mcneese.edu; dmarc=none action=none header.from=mcneese.edu;compauth=fail reason=601 

Cloudflare doesn’t have any special restrictions on SPF records. It follows the same rules as all DNS servers. If you need assistance with mail records, Dmarcian has many resources, such as this one:

And this:

What if i already have 10 spf records? If i add another for vendor access I get flagged. What would be a solution for something like this?

This isn’t a Cloudflare issue. If the Dmarcian information didn’t make sense to you, try serverfault.com. There are many threads on DNS and SPF records.

Ok, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.