Speed Test could not run error 404

I have received this error consistently for the past week when trying to run a speed test on this domain and another hosted on the same server. I have also followed instructions in checking my CF firewall settings, and there are no blocks on known bots. There are no issues with CF certificates or CF’s connection to the origin server.

The website is otherwise functioning fine, and I have checked using other speed test sites, such as gmetrix, which work perfectly fine.

Any suggestions on how else I could troubleshoot this strange 404 error message when running Speed Test in the CF dashboard?

As the information is being stated, may I ask do you have some Firewall Rules which could potentially trigger and block Cloudflare bot to test your pagespeed if it’s being enabled in Cloudflare dashboard? (like requests from specific Country, bot management, challenge/captcha, security level, etc.)

No, I already checked. I even tried running the speed test with all firewall rules disabled, and received the same 404 message in the dashboard.

Are you seeing a 404 in your access logs? The user agent would be like this:

"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) HeadlessChrome/85.0.4183.121 Safari/537.36 (compatible; Cloudflare SpeedTest/1.0; +https://blog.cloudflare.com/new-speed-page/)"

No, I am not seeing any error in my access logs – in fact, no sign at all that Cloudflare is reaching out to my origin server as part of the speed test process. (Which has me wondering if the problem is happening somewhere at the edge.)

@MoreHelp

Could you submit a ticket for this request and then provide the ticket number in the thread? We’ll need to investigate further as I’m not seeing this issue elsewhere on our end. We may need to look at the account closer.

Thanks for getting back to me. I had opened a ticket - #2190025 - initially, but was referred to the community forums to make a post before escalating the issue.

Thank you! I’ve ensured this is opened and will be followed up with!

Hi,
Appear to have the same issue - ticket No is 2198550

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.