Speed Improvement

Hi, I am new here and I am trying to understand how things work and i have a few questions:

1. I test my website for speed with google speed insights. Many times the first test shows that the server response time should be improved and the second test, right after that, does not show that and the scores improve. Why is that and how to make the response time good from the first time?

2. I have a GZIP compression and now I activated Brotli. I do not see any problems at the moment, but I haven’t done any research too. Is it OK to use them both at the same time and If need to change something, how to do it so that the website becomes even faster?

3. Where can i find more info about Rocket Loader as i have it turned ON on one of my pages and I wonder if i should turn it ON on other pages as well?

4. I hardly understand what all the page rules mean and when to use them and what can be the benefit of them, so can you give me an article or other source where I can learn more about all of them?

Thank you!!

1. This doesn’t surprise me, as servers are often still “warm” right after the first request.
  2. Both gzip and Brotli are fine to have enabled. Cloudflare will only use the best one for the situation.
  3. Rocket Loader works better for some situations than other. You’d have to do a before/after comparison.
  4. Page Rules are generally specific Cloudflare settings you apply to specific URLs. Here’s the tutorial:
    Understanding and Configuring Cloudflare Page Rules (Page Rules Tutorial) – Cloudflare Help Center
1 Like

Thank you for the reply! About the first question. Is there a way to have the same quick response from the server from the first time?

You’d have to check with your host. They may have suggestions on caching options.

Is there anything I can do on my own, here in Cloudflare, which can also help?

You can use your post title to search for relevant posts: “Speed Improvement” or variations of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.