This line is exciting!
We’re excited about launching this and and even more excited to see what you’ll build and protect with it. In fact, what if you could build serverless services on Spectrum, without actually having an origin running? Stay tuned for some cool announcements in the near future.
(That sentence has “and and”, that should be corrected :P)
is that automatically enabled in the enterprise plan or would it be an additional cost or do you just need to “enable” it?
Enterprise plan isn’t self-serve like other plans, you’ll need to specifically mention Spectrum and any of your other needs when you’re talking to the sales team. Due to this, the price for it will depend on your usage, whether you use other enterprise features, etc.
Be prepared to give them:
- The purpose for needing spectrum (game service, SSH service, etc)
- estimated number of concurrent connections you’ll have at any given time (or, for UDP, number of clients at once)
- amount of data transfer you estimate, eg 50mb/s in total across all clients
It would be best to get started by clicking the “contact sales” button on the spectrum product page.
Thank you. So if I would have a Webshop included on my site and a high number of clients at once on the website it could make sense to use it?
If it’s a website, you don’t need spectrum and can do with the regular Cloudflare platform.
When would you need it then? Don’t quite understand your answer.
- estimated number of concurrent connections you’ll have at any given time <- what do you mean by concurrent connections?
Spectrum is for proxying non-standard ports and non-HTTP traffic.
thanks a lot! So it means the price for Spectrum varies even for different Enterprise customers depending on their usage and which other features they are using already…
I would presume so, but I can’t really tell you as I have never been through the sales process for enterprise. If @cs-cf (or possibly @cloonan) can share he knows something more than me for sure.
Hi! Thanks again for your response. The three points you mentioned for data I should have prepared I have two questions:
- estimated number of concurrent connections you’ll have at any given time --> is this related to TCP only and would you have an example of 2 concurrent connections?
2.) * amount of data transfer you estimate, eg 50mb/s in total across all clients -> do you mean the amount of data transfer over TCP and UDP or in general of the entire domain?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- I imagine for UDP you would state the amount of general clients you expect to have daily, since UDP is connection-less. CF just wants to know how many people they’d be serving, wither it be a few thousand or a few hundred thousand.
- For the spectrum application only
Of course, I recommend contacting sales since they will best be able to estimate how much it costs.