Spam comment was allowed

Hello!

I haven’t received any spam comments since I’ve been using cloudflare.

I had this comment and the IP doesn’t appear in the WAF events, of course, because the action wasn’t blocked, but it does appear in the logs.

My question is, how can I announce this IP as spam so that cloudflare can learn and improve? How can I discover the actions of this IP on my website so that I can block them or realise how this IP became the JS challenge that I have in the WAF rules?

Thank you

Hi there,

My question is, how can I announce this IP as spam so that cloudflare can learn and improve?

You can’t. But you can block it at your own WAF by creating a custom WAF rule or an IP access rule.

How can I discover the actions of this IP on my website so that I can block them or realise how this IP became the JS challenge that I have in the WAF rules?

You can filter for it in your analytics:
Analytics & Logs > Traffic > + Add filter:

The reason it got through your WAF rule called Block Spam Comments stating that requests to the path comments-post.php should be JS challenged if not from your country, is because it’s a nomad IP address, and it’s currently located as being from your country.

Note that sometimes Firewall events and Traffic analytics might disagree on the location of a given address, this is because both systems depend on different databases and update at different times in different colos.

Take care.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.