"Something went wrong" when traffic proxied through Cloudflare but not when direct DNS

I have a problem with Cloudflare proxying traffic to my server. - it doesn’t seems to allow any traffic. Both A and LB records, proxied through Cloudflare produce error “Something went wrong” but LB healthchecks are OK and healthy and if I put server IP address directly in A record and disable proxy through Cloudflare then it works fine. I was previously using Shopify which is also using Cloudflare. I’ve seen on this forum that it is related and there might be still some configuration left on their side despite the fact that I’ve already changed NS. I have full control over DNS records and full ownership of the domain. Please advice.

This will likely be due to Shopify using Cloudflare for SaaS. Please contact them and ask them to remove any Cloudflare configurations for your domain, specifically SSL for SaaS / Custom Hostnames.

1 Like

It worked after contacting Shopify! They had to manually remove hostname configuration on their side. Thanks for help!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.