Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs

Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP

The MX and CNAME record exposes my IP address, and from my understanding, the best solution is to get a separate server just for mail.

Let’s say Server 1 is the current server and Server 2 is the new server for mails. How do I connect them between, how do I remove the mails from Server 1 after I move them to Server 2, and how do I make sure Cloudflare is working fine with the new server?

I’ve got no idea how to do that.

Can anyone guide me here, please?

Your mail host should be able to help you with the email migration. They should also let you know which DNS records you need to change/add to make their system work. Those records should be :grey: (DNS-Only).

You don’t have to get a separate mail server. It’s just nice to do to make it less difficult for people to directly attack your server through the exposed IP address.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my host is self-management and they can’t assist me with this

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.