Configure blog.texasfluteguild.com as your custom domain to serve texas-flute-guild-blog.pages.dev.
Problem 2 (mixed-content):
For mixed-content issues, there are several potential solutions:
Use relative URLs with a schema like this: //texas-flute-guild-blog.pages.dev/images/thumbnail.svg, which will adapt to the current session’s schema.
Utilize relative paths like this: /images/thumbnail.svg, which will automatically use the schema & authority of the current session.
Problem 3 (Hugo Configuration):
If you prefer not to use relative paths and explicitly want to use the domain blog.texasfluteguild.com in your links, you should define this fully qualified domain name as a variable and incorporate it into every URL you generate.
Personally, I would recommend using relative paths, as they tend to be the most compatible solution.
I did originally jump in and create a CNAME on cloudflare to point to blog.texasfluteguild.com (I own Texasfluteguild.com). It was “live”, but the blog looked the same. I want to publish it only to the blog.texasfluteguild.com, and it is… well… a blog, so I don’t think I need tons of “staging areas”.
I’ll redo that and look at see if the console if different…
Would you mind defining “mixed-content”… for me? Is that, internally, some parts of hugo are creating links for https://texas-flute-guild-blog.pages.dev/ and others for blog.texasfluteguild.com…?
If I want to only push to blog.texasfluteguild.com… is my “fix” in the config files I am writting locally (the config.toml file)… looking for all of the places where I can put blog.texasfluteguild.com…?
Regarding the mixed-content issue, it occurs when a session/connection is established securely, but then a sub-resource is requested using an insecure connection. This means your page is served over HTTPS, but certain requests (as shown in the screenshot) are made over HTTP, which leads to those resources being blocked. This will result in your page not loading properly, as is the case right now.
It’s worth noting that you’re less likely to encounter this issue locally because local traffic typically originates with an HTTP connection and continues with HTTP. Therefore, you might not experience mixed-content errors when testing your site locally.
Well… I got back to where I was last night. config file has changed and things are pointing to where they are supposed to be… but still stuff with the same broken wbesite.
All of the weblinks you are quoting are things “spat out” so to speak, by hugo… I tried to make a “test” post just to get something going (get it working then tinker). It could be in markdown file I am using to create the post. Will play with that and see if I get something better.
However, it does seem like hugo isn’t generating static HTML files that cloudflare pages likes…
Will do some more poking and try different text files