[Solved] Cloudflare Domain Registrar :: Stuck with Old Nameserver

Hi,
I was using godaddy domain registrar before shifting to Cloudflare registrar.

Earlier I was hosting my site at siteground and now I am moving to a new web hosting. Now, the thing is that I am stuck with old siteground nameservers on cloudflare. I don’t see any option to change them to cloudflare or to the new host. I have already created and pointed A & CNAME records to the new host. But since the nameservers of siteground, site won’t load from the new host.

Kindly suggest how I can change these siteground NS from Cloudflare’s DNS settings?

Hi @kshatriya.viraj,

They should have automatically changed to Cloudflare’s when the domain was transferred. Are you sure this didn’t happen?

You cannot change name servers when using Cloudflare Registrar. This is mentioned in the Domain Registration Agreement:

6.1. Nameservers . Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your reply.

No, that certainly didn’t happen. Please have a look below screenshot.

I see. But even if Cloudflare allows me to change NS to Cloudflare’s NS or do it themselves, that would be fine too. In fact, that’s the exact thing I want.

Hi again!

Looks like issue is with Cloudflare and something we can solve here on the forums, unfortunately.
You’ll have to make a ticket and post the ID here - then someone from Cloudflare will take a look :slightly_smiling_face:

Today, got a mail from cloudflare stating the nameservers are changed to cloudflare. I didn’t do anything to get it done. However they should have done this as soon as domain was transferred. Nonetheless, I am happy that they changed.

Thank you everyone for your support. Very much appreciated.

It’s something they’re working on. I think they had it working for a bit, but maybe all the new domain registrations threw a wrench into the fix.