Solutions for Caching Images in the WordPress Admin Area

Hello everyone,

I use WordPress as the platform for my website and have been leveraging the features of Cloudflare to improve performance and security. The cache provided by Cloudflare and APO works very well for the main website, however, I’m having trouble caching images in the WordPress admin area (wp-admin).

I’m using a plugin that has the URL /wp-admin/admin.php?page=example for some specific functionalities on my site. The problem is that hundreds of people access this page internally, and it is putting a heavy load on the server. I would like to find a solution to offload this server load, perhaps through caching the images.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation or have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Images as well as other static files such as JS, CSS etc. are cached by default by Cloudflare. What may cause some of these files not to be cached is the presence of query strings. Some query strings are essential to how WordPress works. Some may not be essential.

You’d need to check the Analytics panel of your zone to see which file(s) are the culprit here, if an image file as you suspect or some other resources. Then you can create Cache Rules to cache these specific files if you expect them not to interfere with the backend functioning.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.