Sockets arent working/http proxy?

So i have a java socket application, it works fine and all, it works fine on the vps using the original ip. But when i use my domain linked to cloudflare, the client which is “trying to connect” the the java socket application on my vps says socket closed(the socket application(server) doesnt say there was a new connection), also if i turn the orange cloud off i can use the domain linked to cloudflare but i want my ip to be masked/hidden any suggestions, im using the freeplan, websockets is on “in” cloudflare. Also im using the port, 8443

0 Likes

What exactly does that mean? Are you using exclusively HTTP and TLS?

0 Likes

Its a server open for connections, waiting for a client to connect, i dont quite know what tls is or anything of that nature, im pretty new to this if this helps…, new ServerSocket(8443)

0 Likes

I would contact whomever developed that.

0 Likes

I developed it, it works 100% fine not going though cloudflare but when it does go though cloudflare something gets messed up

0 Likes

Then you should know which protocol you are using :wink:

0 Likes

I just knew how to make what i wanted with the given classes, but doing a simple google search it appears im using, “TCP/IP”, but you dident even ask for one of them in your question “Are you using exclusively HTTP and TLS?” so i dont know…

0 Likes

Yeah, that setup wont fly on Cloudflare. You can only proxy HTTP requests. You need to leave it at :grey:.

0 Likes

Ok thank you thats what i needed to know.

0 Likes