SOA Record Configuration?

Assistance Required for SOA Record Configuration

Dear Cloudflare Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a DNS issue related to the SOA (Start of Authority) record for my domain

Upon conducting a DNS health check, I have encountered the following issues related to the SOA record:

1. The SOA Expire Value is reported to be out of the recommended range.
  2. The SOA Serial Number Format appears to be invalid or not following the conventional formatting.

As I understand, the SOA record settings are automatically managed by Cloudflare, and direct editing options are not available to me through the Cloudflare dashboard. The recommended settings I am aiming for are:

• SOA Expire Value between 1209600 and 2419200 seconds (14 to 28 days).
  • SOA Serial Number following the YYYYMMDDNN format or another consistent format that ensures its validity.

Could you please assist me in reviewing the current SOA record configuration for my domain and making the necessary adjustments to align with these recommended values? I believe resolving these issues will enhance the reliability and performance of my DNS settings.

Additionally, if there are any indirect settings or configurations within my Cloudflare account that might influence these SOA record values, I would appreciate your guidance on making the appropriate adjustments.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response and am available for any further information or clarification needed.

https://community.cloudflare.com/search?q=%22SOA%20Serial%20Number%22

In short, your configuration is correct and you can ignore that message

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.