SMTP Errors

Hi there,

Im getting the below errors:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.
188.114.96.0: timed out]
188.114.97.0: timed out]
2a06:98c1:3121::: timed out]
2a06:98c1:3120::: timed out]
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 03:06:02 -0800 (PST)
Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 01:38:18 -0800 (PST)

I am receiving and sending mail but I’m getting this on ‘some emails’ - really strange?

Please can someone help me - thanks so much in advance.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Is that message received when you are sending email to your domain? If so, you need to make sure that your email hostnames are set to :grey: DNS Only. The Cloudflare proxy only supports HTTP and HTTPS. Email and other protocols will not work with :orange: proxied hostnames.

Hi there - thanks so much for coming back to me. I have all of my email hostnames dns only. Please kindly view the attached.

Its strange because ‘some mail’ gets delivered but not all and Im getting mail undeliverable returned messages.

I attach my set up.

Thanks again as I really aprpeciate your help.

The hostnames that you set to :grey: DNS Only aren’t in your MX. Are either of them actually involved in your mail flow?

What were you doing when you encountered the errors in your first post?

The mx records are the ones that cloudflare picked up automatically. The mail route is set to ‘local’ so the ip address is correct and I read on cloudflare instcutions that anything to do with mail should not be proxied.

The smtp errors are returned to me when I try to send.

Mail isnt getting delivered.

But it is to ‘some people’ so its almost as if its missing some layer and its being rejected by the recipient but I dont know what Im missing?

I’ve disabled Cloudflare and now my mail is working fine - but I want cloudflare on to protect my site… I really appreciate you help and expertise.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.