SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data

we can get the emails, but we haven’t been able to send them for a couple of days.

I see this error:
host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [142.251.2.27]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550-5.7.26 Your email has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated.
550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM.
550-5.7.26
550-5.7.26 Authentication results:
550-5.7.26 DKIM = did not pass
550-5.7.26 SPF [perfor-med.it] with ip: [162.0.232.228] = did not pass
550-5.7.26
550-5.7.26 For instructions on setting up authentication, go to
550 5.7.26 Email sender guidelines - Google Workspace Admin Help d9443c01a7336-1f6e787da3esi33341055ad.411 - gsmtp

Your SPF record is syntactically invalid.

You can change your SPF record to:

v=spf1 include:spf.webapps.net include:spf.web-hosting.com -all

This SHOULD mitigate the current issue.

That being said, -

1. perfor-med.it. does not use Cloudflare, so I’m a bit curious on how this has been leading you towards the Cloudflare Community?

2. What does your email / hosting provider have to say about this?

One of the many reasons I’m asking about this, … the IP address you’re listing in your error output, points towards Namecheap, which seems to have multiple include: mechanisms listed, that you can include depending on which hosting product you have, - but none of the ones that Namecheap is listing, is including the mentioned IP address.

The Reverse DNS (PTR) record for that IP address is pointing towards “web-hosting.com”, which sounds like “include:spf.web-hosting.com” would be the correct one to include, and, at the same time, it is also including the IP address mentioned in the error output.

It may therefore be wise for you to check up with each individual provider you have, that sends emails on behalf of your domain(s), which “include:” mechanisms they’re suggesting that you add to your SPF record.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.