Slow Initial Load

Hello,
I have a few applications setup on a server which is utilizing Lets-encrypt which is then being proxied over cloudflare which is applying their own certificate.
My issue is the first time load is painfully slow, up to 20 seconds but then after it’s loaded it’s perfect.Do you know what would be causing this? Do you think it’s the double certificates? The page loads fine turning off cloudflare’s proxy as well.
Thanks.

I also used to us Lets Encrypt (I dont use it anymore) but this never slowed down my Site!
Pls debug it a bit more on serverside.

What exactly does take long, what does your ServerLog say? Any new entrys?

Like I said: SSL Full(Strict) and 2 SSL Certs never slowed down anything for me.

Would you mind telling us the domain?

Sorry, here’s the domain. https://u.zibb.host/login

What I’ve noticed that is take upwards of ten seconds to load the page then more to even load the css for the first time but once it’s loaded it’ll load fast for anyone. It’s almost like it’s caching problem.

There aren’t any errors in my applications at all, only error I saw was a client side warning that the css isn’t available when it takes 10+ seconds to load the page and the css, once everything it loaded the error disappears.

I think I know where this problem comes from - had a quick look at your site

Go to your CloudFlare Dashboard -->Speed --> Optimization --> Disable Rocketloader!!

Now purge the CLoudFlare Cache (yes all) and try again :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll try it out and see if it works!

Just cuz I’m curious about, did it work?

Unfortunately it did not, I’ve found the problem to be a 522 error from Cloudflare and I’m trying to resolve it.

zibb.host seems to still have the 522 error @developerzippy. That’s not a cloudflare error, it typically happens when Cloudflare requests to the origin (your webserver) get blocked. If you’re still having issues, review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.