Sling.com & Cloudflare Error 520 Cannot Login to Members Area. Sling support has no idea (Help)

Error 520 Ray ID: 54d2708b0d32be82 • 2019-12-30 07:53:52 UTC

Web server is returning an unknown error

You

Browser

Working

Richmond

Cloudflare

Working

oauth-client.p.sling.com

Host

Error

I know that this error page shows up when ever i try to login to the Sling TV members area. I get this error on 2 Windows 10 computers and one MacOS with the latest release for my macbook in Chrome and Safari web browsers. I have cleared all cache, cookies & history.

I’m not sure what else i can put in this post. As i don’t have any permissions here on your forum yet.
I will be glad to offer anything that might be helpful just ask.

I want to be able to point Sling engineering here as i have hit a brick wall with them.

Thanks in advance.
Bill

A 520 is covered at Community Tip - Fixing Error 520: Web server is returning an unknown error.

That error can have many reasons and one would need to check the server logs. It is returning something to Cloudflare that it shouldnt.

Thanks for the reply Sandro.

I have been over this with them and over this with them. They keep saying the issue is on my end and not sling.com end.

For some reason they don’t believe me even tho i have sent them snaps of the error page and everything.

Let me ask you a question. Is it even remotely possible the issue is on my end AKA a user of their service trying to log into my account to watch TV?

If they won’t even look at their logs what can i even do at this point?

Thanks for the post!

Unlikely. A 520 is an issue between their servers and Cloudflare. You’d be only (somewhat) involved if your browser sent a request which made them send that response to Cloudflare, but again that would be something they’d need to elaborate on.

If they dont intend to have a look at that or fix it, there is not much you can do.

Well at least i can send their engineers to this post. Thank you for your time Sandro

Best _Bill

Let me ask one more question please. Where would Sling.com look for the server log errors? Would that info be somewhere in cloudflare itself or on their own proprietary server buildout?

That would be their own servers. They might also be able to look up on Cloudflare the details of the connection you posted above based on the referenced connection ID.

Considering they do not seem to be on a regular plan, there is a good chance they are on the Enterprise plan, in which case they will have a dedicated support engineer who will be able to assist them.

Excellent advise Sandro thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.