I have an ipv6 only site qa.im, it simply 301 redirects qa.im to www.qa.im
Here it is with Cloudflare disabled:
# curl qa.im --verbose * Rebuilt URL to: qa.im/ * Trying 2001:470:1f05:fd0:1ce:c01d:c0:ffee... * Connected to qa.im (2001:470:1f05:fd0:1ce:c01d:c0:ffee) port 80 (#0) > GET / HTTP/1.1 > Host: qa.im > User-Agent: curl/7.47.0 > Accept: */* > < HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently < Server: nginx/1.13.7 < Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:13:44 GMT < Content-Type: text/html < Content-Length: 185 < Connection: keep-alive < Location: http://www.qa.im/ < Expires: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 08:13:44 GMT < Cache-Control: max-age=86400 < Pragma: public < Cache-Control: public < <html> <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.13.7</center> </body> </html> * Connection #0 to host qa.im left intact
As seen above, it is working correctly with direct access. However, as soon as I enable cloudflare, it times out after 15 seconds and returns 522 Connection Timeout error, sometimes 502 Bad Gateway. I tried curl with and without Cloudflare enabled from multiple servers and experienced the same results.
I’ve read https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171906-Error-522-Connection-timed-out and I don’t think my situation fits in the two scenarios
Please let me know what I am doing wrong : ) .
Thank you in advance!