Site was working, now says coming soon?

I changed SSL to Full and enabled DNSSEC now website does not display mediastrategiesunlimited.com

This is from origin host/server and not an error from Cloudflare, at least what I see:

Seems DS record is missing, or if you recently enabled DNSSEC at DNS tab from Cloudflare dashboard, you might want to give it few hours or so to successfully propagate:
No DS records found for mediastrategiesunlimited.com in the com zone

1 Like

If your DNSSEC was broken, you wouldn’t be able to reach anything at that hostname. I’m pretty sure it’s an SSL issue.

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

1 Like

I did recently enable DNSSEC.
I just paused Cloudflare as advised, will wait and when HTTPS is evident and site is working I will un-pause and make sure Full is selected.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I paused the website as you suggested.
mediastrategiesunlimited.com shows insecure with no https:
http://mediastrategiesunlimited.com/

Dash.cloudflare.com
I have universal SSL always on enabled and it says active.

What is the problem here? I have done this a dozen times previously and it went flawlessly, albeit several years ago. I called Godaddy and they said they only can deal with SSLs they issue and that it is up to Cloudflare to tell me the solution.

Thank you!

Great, then have them fix this:

1 Like

I really appreciate how you reply so quickly and I am sorry to keep bothering you.

I do not understand how the Cloudflare enabled SSL will show up while Clouudfare is paused?

Thanks,
Davy.

The problem you’re seeing is because you don’t have SSL at GoDaddy. You need this for secure HTTPS.

2 Likes

I have never had Godaddy SSL, always got my SSL with Cloudflare. I have done this with a dozen domains over the years.

I’m sorry to hear that. That’s something every host should include in hosting plans. SSL is freely available. If they don’t have a cert installed on your server, hopefully they’ll let you install one from Cloudflare:

https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/origin-configuration/origin-ca

1 Like

I have done this a dozen times and never had a problem. I have always used Cloudflare CDN and applied the included free SSL with basic free accounts. I have done this a dozen or so times with no problems. Now domain mediastrateguesunlimited.com is showing a 526 Error page but the address bar displays the secure lock symbol and https:

This is with the CDN enabled. When I pause Cloudflare, the website displays perfectly but no https: and the address bar says not secure. This has never been a hassle before and I am hoping you can get to a solution plan.

Thanks!

I am afraid you mistyped your domain name here, but this happens from time to time to all of us.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue further including the SSL.
But as far as I see, you are running an insecure setup at your origin host/server.

@sdayman already provided instructions what to do in case where your certificate expired for example or if you have to install a new one, or renew existing and instruced how to properly prepare your domain name at Cloudflare for this process (temporary Pausing Cloudflare for your domain to set-up the SSL certificate at your origin host/server).

Unfortunately, if you cannot do it by asking your hosting provider, there is an option as already mentioned to use Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate in this case.

Using the referenced link, you should be able to do it yourself, otherwise you might want to look out for someone skilled and experienced who could help you with this steps.

In case if this is your only option (I do not believe so), then you would have to purchase a GoDaddy SSL and ask them to set it up for you to successfully resolve this issue.

I got SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN error showing to me right now when I try to open your Website.

May I suggest below article to find out more information about why this error occurs and how to fix this issue → it is still related to the posts from above:

Thank you, Fritex.

Sorry for the typo!

I have Cloudflare paused. It has been paused for two days.

I have set up about a dozen sites and this is the first time this has happened. Before I always just enabled at dash.cloudflare.com to always use SSL and everything worked fine. But I usually have done it immediately when setting up a website. This website has been up for quite some time and It is blocked from search engines because I only show it to select people, not the general public. Now I need this website to demonstrate fast loading speed and secure SSL so I am trying to get this accomplished.

Thanks again, Fritex.

I will read the article you linked at the bottom and report back to you.

-Davy.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.