Site stops loading properly after a few days with Cloudflare

hi,

I have a website which stops loading the pages correctly after a few days. including the main image on the home page and videos
I keep having to clear the plugin Cache in WordPress Admin and then it runs ok for a while.

I’ve made numerous setting changes disabling anything that’s not essential.
the Site runs on Avada Theme on Plesk Server with Apache and nginx.

the logs don’t give any hints about how to resolve the issue

any assistance greatly appreciated

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

May I ask how large the video file is? :thinking:

Furthermore, you could try to serve it via some unproxied :grey: (DNS-only) sub-domain.

Nevertheless, regarding the cache plugin, may I ask which one are you using?

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

Is the “Auto Minify” feature enabled at Cloudflare dashboard → Speed → Optimization?
Try unchecking them all 3 for HTML, CSS and JS.
How about the “Rocket Loader” feature (the same menu)?
Disable it on the toggle button.
Navigate to the CF dashboard → Configuration → Caching.
Check for “Browser Cache TTL” and make sure it’s set to “Respect Existing Headers”.
Therefore, click on the button “Purge Everything”.
Furthermore, I’d suggest you to whitelist your origin host / server / hosting IP address by navigating to the Security → WAF → Tools → IP Access Rules with the action “allow” for your Website and try again.

1 Like

Hi,

thank you for your reply here are the answers

May I ask how large the video file is?
they are youtube videos of various sizes

Nevertheless, regarding the cache plugin, may I ask which one are you using?
Super Page Cache for Cloudflare by Optimole
I use this on other websites without any issues

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Yes it was and I tried W3C for a while but uninstalled it when I moved to Cloudflare

Is the “Auto Minify” feature enabled at Cloudflare dashboard → Speed → Optimization?
Yes, I feel if I disable these the site performance will drop drastically in GtMetrix

How about the “Rocket Loader” feature (the same menu)?
Yes

Check for “Browser Cache TTL” and make sure it’s set to “Respect Existing Headers”.
yes it is

Furthermore, I’d suggest you to whitelist your origin host / server / hosting IP address
Done that

is there a more scientific way to resolve caching problems? i’ve been enabling and disabling settings for several days now without any clue what is causing the problems.

Avada theme itself also has Enable Critical CSS and Enable JS Compiler enabled but other performance settings disabled. if i disable these two settings the site performance drops to 20% currently its 85% on Gtmetrix but i have to keep clearing the cache every so many days…

Are you using Page Rules maybe? :thinking:

Are you sure it’s not some PHP fatal or something similar in the background, which you cannot know except if you don’t enable WordPress Debug mode and troubleshoot?

Otherwise, what does the HTTP headers tell you about caching?

Since I haven’t used Super Page Cache for Cloudflare plugin, I am not familiar much with it and if it does somehow, does it compress and serve compressed version of the HTML document/webapge into the html file to the visitor, and so on.

Try disabling features at Cloudflare.
Then Purge Everything.
Then disable caching plugin at the origin host.
See if anything different.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.