Site showing Not Secure but no idea why

I’ve set up the site oldcodgersbook.co.uk and added it to cloudflare as i’ve done with 10’s of others sites but for some reason this one won’t show as secure.

I’ve run the diagnostic tool on cloudflare and it’s showing the error “The site does not have any DNSSEC records.” but it’s all set up correctly as far as I can tell with A records pointing to the IP address of the hosting server.

Does anyone have any ideas why the SSL certificate isn’t active on the site? When I check the certificate details on the site itself it’s showing references to a GoDaddy certificate but this site has never had any other certificate and it a brand new domain.

Hoping someone can help

Hi,

Is this still happening? If yes please open the website using a private/incognito window:
From my side i can’t see the problem you are reporting:

curl -svo /dev/null https://oldcodgersbook.co.uk 2>&1 | grep -A6 "Server certificate"
* Server certificate:
*  subject: C=US; ST=CA; L=San Francisco; O=Cloudflare, Inc.; CN=sni.cloudflaressl.com
*  start date: Dec 19 00:00:00 2020 GMT
*  expire date: Dec 18 23:59:59 2021 GMT
*  subjectAltName: host "oldcodgersbook.co.uk" matched cert's "oldcodgersbook.co.uk"
*  issuer: C=US; O=Cloudflare, Inc.; CN=Cloudflare Inc ECC CA-3
*  SSL certificate verify ok.

Looks good to me.

Thank you for checking. It seems to be ok now. Must have just been dns propagation I guess but it was very slow if it was.

Just for the sake of good order, if that is true, you’ll either get a 525 error or you will have an insecure site where all data is transferred in plain text. You need a certificate on your server.

And yes, it would appear as if the only certificate for that domain was issued by Cloudflare, making your site insecure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.