Site not reachable

I had goave.ga domain under Cloudflare since long and all of a sudden it has stopped being reachable. I removed and re-added the site from Cloudflare without any luck. The site is only reachable if I set my DNS to cloudflare servers manually (1.1.1.1). Below are different dig results, one using 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) and one using 8.8.8.8 (Google):

.\dig.exe ‘@1.1.1.1’ goave.ga

; <<>> DiG 9.16.8 <<>> @1.1.1.1 goave.ga
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 23612
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;goave.ga. IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
goave.ga. 300 IN A 172.67.185.172
goave.ga. 300 IN A 104.21.19.83

--------- Using 8.8.8.8
.\dig.exe ‘@8.8.8.8’ goave.ga

; <<>> DiG 9.16.8 <<>> @8.8.8.8 goave.ga
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 58318
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;goave.ga. IN A

;; Query time: 28 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Tue Jan 18 14:40:23 India Standard Time 2022
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 37

The queries work as I test them. Are you still seeing the issue?

# dig goave.ga +dnssec @8.8.8.8

; <<>> DiG 9.16.15-Ubuntu <<>> goave.ga +dnssec @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 25152
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags: do; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;goave.ga.			IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
goave.ga.		300	IN	A	172.67.185.172
goave.ga.		300	IN	A	104.21.19.83

;; Query time: 63 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: tis jan 18 13:51:44 CET 2022
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 69

Same with me!
Digging my domain also returns SERVFAIL! (With 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
Something is getting wrong with cloudflare.
See: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#SOA/goave.ga

I’m seeing a lot of issues today with Freenom’s free domains (ml, tk, ga) not responding to DNS queries at Google. It’s either yet another glitch with Freenom TLDs, or Google is tired of the malicious use of those TLDs.

https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/tlds/

This ain’t a free domain with Freenom.

Unfortunately, it’s still the same registry.

I’m still seeing the issue.

.\dig.exe ‘@8.8.8.8’ ns goave.ga

; <<>> DiG 9.16.8 <<>> @8.8.8.8 ns goave.ga

; (1 server found)

;; global options: +cmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 20837

;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:

; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;goave.ga. IN NS

;; Query time: 37 msec

;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)

;; WHEN: Wed Jan 19 10:22:34 India Standard Time 2022

;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 37

~WRD000.jpg

I got a response, but a better command would be:
dig @8.8.8.8 +trace ns goave.ga

This should show you how the lookup works its way down the DNS hierarchy to get to a result. Starting with the root servers, which then point to the .ga registry, which then points to Cloudflare, which then returns the specified record(s).

Anyway since I was able to resolve .ga domains using OpenDNS NS, I could make out that the issue is with Google DNS. A bit of researching led to this:

Sign in - Google Accounts. Domains under tk, ml and ga are not resolvable in most part of North America and Asia Pacific.Guess have to wait for Google to resolve the issue at their end.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.