Site is hosted with DreamHost, using the free CloudFlare Basic Free plan. NS's aren't showing on CF to change with registrar

Hi, there-- My site is hosted at DreamHost and I signed up for Cloudflare using DH’s affiliate Basic Free service. But when I go to Cloudflare to get the nameservers to add to my registration (GoDaddy), they are nowhere to be found. According to the CF docs, I should go to the Overview and they should be listed right there, but they aren’t for me, and they also are not listed on the DNS page. Screenshot below. I know from using paid CF accounts in the past that the nameservers are different for every account.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

–Jason

I’m pretty sure Cloudflare Partners keep their existing name servers, but advertise Cloudflare IP addresses for your domain. In other words, they save you the trouble of having to change your name servers when you enable Cloudflare.

Looking at your site, the redirects and CNAMEs are correctly set so your site is going through Cloudflare.

1 Like

Thanks, sdayman. What made me wonder is when I visit:

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/treeheartstudios.com

It still shows the DH nameservers, as that is what I have set at GoDaddy. It would be nice if DH would offer a little more control with CH settings through their free plan, as we have some sites with LiquidWeb’s VPS, and their WHM also offers free Cloudflare accounts, but require you to change the NS’s manually. Which I like, I guess, haha. =)

–Jason

1 Like

When I had sites at DreamHost, I manually added them here on my Cloudflare account and then changed my name servers.

1 Like

I do the same. I think DH offers an easy button for their customers… but if you want control and can read basic instructions signing up directly is the better way to go.

2 Likes

Oh, it’s @OliverGrant. :wave:

2 Likes

:wave:

2 Likes