Site Integration Broke Host URL

Hello! Apologies as I am very new to this and don’t know all that much about how these systems work. Spaces have been added because of the 4 link limit for new users.

I tried integrating BigCartel as a shop.___ page on my site, but I’ve run into some issues. For context, my domain is hosted through Cloudflare, but I have also integrated Weebly for the main, non-shop parts of the site.

I tried integrating BigCartel through their authorization method, but it seems to break the redirect of my main site: domain. com becomes www.shop.domain.com instead of www.domain.com, which leads to a broken page.

I removed the integration (deleted the DNS rule BigCartel added and disconnected site integrations on BigCartel’s end), but the problem URL still lingered.

I then tried redirects, but I wound up making it do https://www.domain.com/www.domain.com instead as of now. I deleted all the redirect rules, but it’s still sticking around.

Would appreciate any insight anyone can provide in regards to making it work as intended (domain. com going to www.domain. com instead of the broken URLs), thank you for your help!

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

The BigCartel custom domain integration appears pretty straightforward, at least when performed manually. I would use the manual subdomain approach. The most significant caveat is that you will want to set the CNAME to :grey: DNS Only.

As for the redirect that isn’t going where you want, check Page Rules, Redirect Rules, and Bulk Redirects. When you find the responsible rule, you can delete it, or, if you want it to redirect elsewhere, you can edit the destination.

Thank you so much for the help! Here is how it shows for the DNS (the shop.domain.com seems to work, just not the main redirect):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606964946953043969/1220178105189269564/image.png?ex=660dfe6a&is=65fb896a&hm=7d085ff6d2a20a49d0d7189ac4bd31c51db54aa2aebf85d0a605c60fc9852f02&

It appears that it generates a Bulk Redirect rule and list, but when I remove the www.shop.domain.com on the list it still seems to have the same issue. I also disabled the Redirect Rule to the same effect. Does it take a while to update?

I’m not sure what you mean. It is really hard to help when you have elided the domain name.

Simply creating a DNS record does not create any redirect. If you used some automated setup, there is no telling what it has added which is why I suggested that you use the manual method.

Why do you even have a www.shop.example.com hostname? You should delete that.

Looks like it wound up working properly now, just needed time to propagate the update with the changes you suggested.

I really appreciate your help, thank you so much :smiley:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that you are up and running! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.