Site declared as malicious only on Edge

Hi ! I built a website using wordpress and when i try to reach it on edge, i always get the message saying it contains phishing, but i’m 150% sure it doesn’t. On the other web browsers it’s fine.

I tried incognito mode, i tried another computer. The problem happens everywhere.

everything on my website is https, i have an SSL configured too.

Kudos for pulling in that extra 50%. I max out at about 99%.

If it’s just Edge that’s saying this, then I’d think it’s not getting that malicious message from Cloudflare, and something in Edge is issuing a false positive.

Can you post a screenshot of the message?

1 Like

Hello,

I want to make it clear that if you see this alert in a web browser then your site is fine!
Please announce your site address to check.

@sdayman yeah, i’m that certain ! haha

I’ve been on the issue for 4 days now. I am going crazy.

here is the screenshot of the message :

I tried to contact Microsoft, but no one could help me. The agent i spoke to refered me to the “business help center” and they wanted me to pay minimum 300$ so i can make a request to their team.

also, here is the URL https://www.illuzionclothing.com

thanks !

I don’t know what the “More Information” part says, but it looks like Microsoft Defender thinks the site is malicious. This is not Cloudflare declaring your site is malicious. You can not resolve this issue here, as it’s a Defender message.

Yeah i figured that much, i understand. You guys were kinda my last resort as the issue seemed to have appeared right about when i added my site to cloudflare. I guess i’ll have to wait on Microsoft to enventually go through my site and take in account the false alarm report i wrote to them

1 Like

Did you follow the steps to report it as a false positive?

In Microsoft Edge, click More information then Report that this site does not contain threats.

It sounds like you should be able to click that ‘More information’ dropdown and submit a request for review directly from the warning screen. (Microsoft says this is the preferred way to handle it.)

Also, where are you trying to connect from? Home network? Office? You said you tried another computer, but I think you should also try another network just to make sure it’s not a firewall or policy issue on your end. If possible, try the Edge app on your phone using the mobile network (disable wi-fi on your phone for this test.)

You might try pausing Cloudflare. Does the issue persist?

Hi !

Thanks for the tips, i will try disabling cloudflare to see if it helps.

I tried multiple computers from multiple person, same error.

I also did try to fill the form. about a week ago

Click “More information” then click “Report that this site doesn’t contain phishint threats”

On the next page you have the option to report the site as safe or if you are the owner fill a form with contact details and more information about it.

Do this before anything else.

As other friends suggested:
Your site was clearly visible blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen. Your problem is addressed in the Windows Defender SmartScreen FAQ or your might just have looked further into the More Information part of the message. To cite from the FAQ:

Q. If I am a website owner, how do I correct a warning on my legitimate site?
A. You can immediately submit a request for a correction . Windows Defender SmartScreen has a built-in, web-based feedback system in place to help customers and website owners report any potential false warnings as quickly as possible. In Windows Internet Explorer, from a red warning, click More information then Report that this site contains no threats . This will take you to a feedback page where you can indicate you are a site owner or representative. Follow the instructions and provide the information on this site to submit a site for review…

In general I would say that these type of systems, systems that checks reputation of Hosts, IPs, Domains and so ons, have a delay on getting out from the black lists. So I suspect that your Windows Defender is checking a list (manage by Microsoft) where your host is still on it, not sure what is the process of remove the host of that list, but probably an email to them will help to speed up the process. Hope it helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.