Site currently unavailable - Follow up

For some reasons previous topic was closed without being resolved.

Please allow me to repost here.

Site chartsandtrendscom remains unavailable despite having tried the proposed solution.

That site unavailable message appears to be coming from siteground server, so what does their support say?

Can you provide a screenshot of your CF DNS?

What proposed solution are you referring to? What have you tried so far?

The solution I have tried is described in the last reply received in the previous thread:

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com . The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

It did not do any thing.
In addition, the “Pause Cloudflare Link” is no longer available or visible.
See settings page here below:

I have used to automatic importation tool, so I guessed the hosting servers would be now with Cloudflare? Only domain registration remains with siteground. Can the server settings not be changed to Cloudflare servers?

1 Like

Comments from SiteGround Support:

Your emails work at protonmail.ch
Website used to be in the expired server at siteground.
This is why the website doesn´t work, and the mails do
You would need to change or erase the IP for your domain at Cloudflare´s DNS zone if you prefer it not to open the blue screen on browsers.
Cloudflare aren´t website hosting providers. They are Domain and CDN (cache / speed) providers.
Cloudflare doesn´t offer web servers (at least for now, maybe in the future)

I was of the understanding that after automatically importing my hosting settings to Cloudflare the website would be hosted at Cloudflare.
Is this not the case?

1 Like

As they said, Cloudflare isn’t a Web hosting provider. While you may have imported your DNS records to Cloudflare, the actual contents/files of your site aren’t being hosted by Cloudflare.

If your hosting with SiteGround has expired or whatever, as they’ve alluded to, that’s why your site isn’t loading. You’d need to resolve whatever the issue is with SiteGround or move your site to a different Web host and update your DNS records accordingly.

This doesn’t appear to be a Cloudflare issue.

1 Like

Unfortunately Cloudflare doesn’t host the website files, it only manages the DNS, the domain name records.

As already mentioned, you need to have a web hosting account somewhere, and point your DNS records to that webhost server.

The webhost can be anyone you like e.g. siteground, GoDaddy, Bluehost etc and a million other managed hosting providers. If you want to manage the hosting yourself, you could consider vultr, linode or othe virtual server providers, but that is not for novices, unless you have plenty of time to learn :slightly_smiling_face:

Meanwhile, perhaps see if you can reactivate your old website, then point the DNS from Cloudflare to it. That should fix the issue for now.

Thank you all, it is clear now.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.