Site Accesible From Anywhere But From A Specific IP

nameservers
wordpress

Hi Everyone,

A small background on the issue: We have a two sites working under Cloudflare, they have a small amount of differences within the configuration. Let’s name them “domain1.com and domain2.com”. Both are hosted under the same hosting with the same dedicated IP.

domain1.com uses Cloudflare Nameservers but nothing else. This is due to issues in the past and decisions through time. So in the end the site is being served by the hosting itself instead of Cloudflare. Only Nameservers are being used.

domain2.com fully uses Cloudflare. So this site is actually being served by Cloudflare.

And here is the issue. domain1.com is accesible from anywhere but from one specific IP. While domain2.com is simply accesible from everywhere.

We talked with our ISP and the site/ip facing the issue is not being blocked, also we talked with our hosting provider and they are not blocking the site/ip either. So our last place to address the issue is on Cloudflare and see if we get the help on figuring out what’s really happening. Inside the facilities where the site is not being accessible, there is nothing blocking the site either.

Could this be an issue due to Nameservers? The last time we changed the Nameservers was close to 3 years ago and the issue came up just a few weeks ago.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

What happens when you try from that one specific IP address? Can you troubleshoot from that IP address? A ‘dig’ command would be helpful. If that looks good, then a ‘curl -v’ will show the connection attempt.

If I may, I’ll be swapping a bit of this info since i do not have the permission to disclose it. Hopefully is understandable and not an issue.

All we get is:

• “took too long to respond”
  • “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT”.

dig domain1.com returns
erivera-Mac-Pro:~ erivera$ dig domain1.com
; <<>> DiG 9.9.7-P3 <<>> domain1.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 44210
;; flags: qr aa; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1280
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;domain1.com. IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
domain1.com. 300 IN A 00.11.222.33
;; Query time: 41 msec
;; SERVER: 10.0.14.1#53(10.0.14.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Jul 12 14:26:37 AST 2018
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 57

curl -v domain1.com retunrs
erivera-Mac-Pro:~ erivera$ curl -v domain1.com
Rebuilt URL to: domain1.com/
Trying 00.11.222.33…
TCP_NODELAY set
Connection failed
connect to 00.11.222.33 port 80 failed: Operation timed out
Failed to connect to mechtech.edu port 80: Operation timed out
Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to mechtech.edu port 80: Operation timed out

I’ll keep banging my head into this. Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks @sdayman

That’s not enough info for me to go on, but it’s a great source for you if you can compare those results with the results from the same commands at a location that’s able to view your site.

I believe I got to the issue.

We have an SSL in our server issued outside of Cloudflare. We were using “Flexible” for SSL. As soon as I switched to Full (strict) the website appears to be loading. We still have some other connection issues but that appears to be on our ISP or Hosting provider end.

Thanks for the help @sdayman

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.