Since I start using cloudflare, I have random 520 errors on my website

Hello
I run a website since 6 years on OVH as hosting, for e-commerce.
I decided to go through cloudflare and try the free plan to start,

However, while browsing my site, I randomly come across 5 20 error pages.

Web server is returning an unknown error Error code 520

Cloudflare Ray ID: 843c5f69bbd00082

The problem is that I have no errors in my server logs, and I have never had any problems with my site in recent years, so the problem seems to come from cloudflare. I disabled it for a month and didn’t have any more problems, so I put it back in two days ago, and I’m getting random 5 20 errors again which are very annoying.

I don’t even know how often they appear since I can’t find anywhere on Cloudflare dashboard that shows the 5xx error count.

I followed several forum guides, and I have very few cookies (they are very light) circulating on my site, so it doesn’t come from cookies,

I would like to be able to use cloudflare but if this random 5 20 error problem continues I will have to find another solution,

Thank you for your help, I remain available
(Google translate sorry)
(I had to write “5 20” else if I write without the space I can"t post cause it create url for no reasons …)

A 520 error occurs when the connection started on the origin web server, but that the request was not completed. The most common reason why this would occur is that either a program, cron job, or resource is taking up more resources than it should causing the server not to be able to respond to all requests properly.

Review the Quick Fix Ideas in this Community Tip for troubleshooting suggestions.

Hey
I saw this, but I use a crontab (from the site cron-job .org so not a real cron from server) every 5 minutes
Does this mean I can’t use cloudflare cause of this? It seems strange …

1 Like

Just a stupid question — you mention that your provider is OVH (which I have used in the past). What kind of service are you hiring from them? Is it shared hosting, VPS, or do you rent a “bare metal” server which is fully managed by yourself?

This is just to eliminate the possible situation of resource starvation on a shared/VPS solution.

Hello
It’s shared hosting (“serveur mutualisé” in french) :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.