Since Cloudflare is now the authoritative name servers, do I need to update DKIM? Many servers are rejecting our emails

Since Cloudflare is now the authoritative name servers, do I need to update DKIM? Many servers are rejecting our emails.

If you switched to using Cloudflare nameservers, you should copy all DNS records from your old nameservers over to Cloudflare, including DKIM.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your quick replay, Laudian. I can’t see how to update the DKIM Private Key. The instructions are to contact Cloudflare so the authoritative nameservers are reflected in the private key.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. You don’t update the private key, you don’t even have access to that.

Just login to your old DNS provider, go through all your DNS records one by one and make sure to create them in Cloudflare if they don’t exist already.

Make sure the records have the same name, type and value/content.

When you import a domain to Cloudflare, some records are imported automatically, but some are not. It is important to manually create these, and DKIM records are usually not imported.

If you don’t know how to create records in Cloudflare, have a look at this:

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile: Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.