Setup domain without cname/aaaa

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
sunset.dk

Have you searched for an answer?
yes

Isn’t it possible to setup a domain only with URI, and without Cname/a/aaaa - so just use for forwarding and mx?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community.

If you are only using the domain for email you can certainly publish only email related records like MX SPF DKIM DMARC

When you say forwarding, are you referring to web forwarding or email forwarding, like Cloudflare Email Routing?

No i mean forward web traffic … so eg www.domain.dk is forwarded through uri

As long as you mean actual forwarding and not domain masking, you can accomplish this on Cloudflare with Bulk Redirects.

But i need to use cname or aaaa to setup a domain?

[Denne mail er sendt fra en mobilenhed, hvorfor denne mail kan være kort formuleret. Der tages forbehold for fejl og mangler, grundet førnævnte samt fraværet fra kontoret | This mail has been sent from a mobile device, errors may occour]

You need DNS for any hostname that you want to use. If you want to forward example.com to example.net using Bulk Redirects, you would add a :orange: proxied A record with a placeholder IP as described in the documentation linked in my previous reply.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.