Setting up SSL on my forum URL

I know this must be answered here but I searched, experimented, and read. I am just too new to SSL and Cloudflare to figure it out.

1. I just set up my url DNS to Cloudflare. the sites went active and have already controlled the DDoS I was experiencing.
  2. My site still shows “connection to your site is not secure”
  3. When I go to the “Crypto” menu on Cloudflare it shows " Universal SSL Status Active Certificate
    This setting was last changed 4 hours ago"
  4. My SSL status shows Full SSL:
    5 Help says, " Your origin supports HTTPS, but the certificate installed does not match your domain or is self-signed. Cloudflare will connect to your origin over HTTPS, but will not validate the certificate"
  5. My site is still not secure

Can anyone tell me in simple terms what I have to do to secure my sites?
Thank you so much for your help.

Hi @Hawk,

Are you able to share the domain name here so we can have a look at the issue and help you get your sites to load over HTTPS?

Yes, it is a patient support forum at www.peyroniesforum.net

1 Like

First thing to get it loading over HTTPS is to enable the ‘Always Use HTTPS’ setting in the SSL/TLS app of your Cloudflare dashboard.

The second thing is that you have mixed content issues there. Enabling ‘Automatic HTTPS Rewrites’ (also on the SSL/TLS app) may help, or you may need to fix them manually:

1 Like

OK, that helped. The site now says partially secure so that is progress. I will read the section you provided and continue.

Thank you so much for the help.domjh

1 Like

Well that was simple when you are talking to someone that has a clue what they are doing.

Thank you so much domjh. It is now fully secure thanks to you and Cloudflare.

2 Likes

Glad you have got it sorted :slight_smile: No problem!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.