Setting up my CloudFlare Pro with several subdomains

Hi

I’ve just activated a Pro Plan, and I’m trying to configurate the domains.

My domain hosts several subdomains in two different IP addresses:

sub1.foo.com —> 1.2.3.4
sub2.foo.com —> 5.6.7.8
sub3.foo.com —> 5.6.7.8

Additionally, such subdomains have sub-subdomains, pointing to the same IP address as their parents:
sub11.sub1.foo.com —> 1.2.3.4
etc.

On the DNS section of my dashboard, shall I add ‘A’ records for each one of the subdomains? I added ‘A’ records for ‘sub1.foo.com’ (pointing to 1.2.3.4) and the dashboard allowed me to do it. However, I tried to insert it and received the following error message:

DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004): This DNS record cannot be proxied - click the cloud icon to turn it gray to proceed (Code: 9041)

I have no idea about how to configure all the subdomains. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Can you post a screenshot of your DNS settings and the screen where you are trying to add the record? Redact IP addresses if necessary.

I guess it’s not necessary. I’ve only seen this message when i accidentially tried to proxy private adresses.

Good point, but before having the OP reveal his entire infrastructure I wanted, for starters, to rule out some generally funny DNS business :man_shrugging:t2:.

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.