Set Up Woes

I have this message above my DNS settings and no idea what it means or what to do about it.

“Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP.”

1 Like

Thanks again sdayman. That was helpful, however more in an, “It’s time to get real John (me), you’re in over your head” sense. (Not sure whether to use a smiley face or a sad face here.) I think I’m going to have to hire someone. I did explore those waters initially but it’s really hard to tell the wheat from the chaff when it comes to who’s an expert and who’s just winging it, and might make it worse. Pricing was all over the map as well. Anyway, I appreciate you pointing me in the right ‘reality check’ direction. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Go ahead and open any new threads for further questions. But for now, I suggest you change the following to :grey: DNS Only: ftp & mail (click on the :orange: to toggle it to :grey:). Cloudflare doesn’t proxy email or FTP connections.

Okay, just to be sure. If it has the word mail in it or FTP go to grey cloud. I’ve pointed arrows in the image to be sure I’m on the same page.

Good catch, but not necessary. Webmail is an HTTP/S connection, and I agree it’s a bit confusing. That one can remain :orange:.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.