Set up on Kali linux 1.1.1.1

Help, guys. I’m having trouble installing 1.1.1.1 on Kali Linux 2022.1. I’ve tried to install through wgcf and all went well but the internet stopped working. And through new packages Cloudflare-wrap but it does not fit for Kali. Who can help me?

do you need Warp, or do you only need to use 1.1.1.1 as default DNS resolver?

if the latter, it should be easy enough. Kali uses Network Manager, which is about as easy as it gets.

i guess wrap are better choice for me. But i want to know both ways of install. Can you help me with it?

If just setting the DNS to 1.1.1.1 is enough for you, you can do it easily. If you can’t do it easily, then maybe Kali is not the right distribution for you :wink:

A quick google search shows: Change DNS in Kali Linux beginner tutorial- INFRABYTES

But this is definitely off-topic here. I’m sure there’s a forum for Kali users.

I did everything exactly as it is written in the article but router IP stayed in the resolv.conf file.

Apparently with NetworkManager, resolvconf and who-knows-what-else runs there, you cannot quite control the contents of /etc/resolv.conf. (it should be possible, but would require figuring out what exactly is going on and reading the relevant manuals ;-).

Anyway, the ugly/hacky, but reliable :), way of preventing stuff from touching your /etc/resolv.conf, would be to edit the file as you like (i.e. with just one line having “nameserver 1.1.1.1”) and then, run “chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf”.

This will set the “immutable bit” so that nothing can change the file (until root does chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf to remove the flag).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.